Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Rogers Spring NV

 It was starting to get dusky but we went to one more spot.     We ended up at another oasis in the desert:   Rodger's Springs.   The water collected through the rains travels underground and wells up right here.   


Because of the warmth of the earth, the water stays a perpetual 80 degrees.   But it also has pathogens that can be deadly if inhaled.   So beautiful and deadly!  

 The water cascaded down the rocks and we stood on the bridge and listened and watched for a while.   

Then we noticed a trail to a cave high up the hill.   Boom and I took off up the cliff face.  

There were loose rocks and smooth cliff faces to climb.   Boom was surefooted over the stones and climbed right up to the cave.  It took me a bit longer but I made it up.  

 A cavern yawned into the cliff face, approximately 7 feet high, and ended inside.   Outside the valley was gorgeous.  


You could see the hills and Mead Lake from up there.   

Coming down was a different story and most of it was on my butt. 
Boom was patient with me and my lack of climbing skills.  As soon as I made it through a treacherous part, he would continue on.   We made it back to down to the oasis.  Chalk up another adventure.  

No comments: