Saturday, January 01, 2022

Road trip Lake Mead NV, Overton to Las Vegas Bay overlook

Boomer here, I got to go for a RIDE!  We went to some old haunts to get some water, and then...we went down a new road!  

I got to hang my head out and I saw some beautiful hills, with deep red colors intermixed with the pale yellow and dark brown.   Some rock fingers just jutted out from the bare desert floor.   The different shapes and sizes were dazzling.

In this picture, we stopped in a wash by the road.  We didn't get out, just admired the unusual cliff face.  

Further down the road, my family said some of the shapes looked like an eerie mansion and a city in the distance.   They were just rocks, but the formations were spectacular.   We passed soo many pull outs we could have explored!  My family is hoping to go back and do some sniffing at the Red Rocks Park!  But there are so many things to see and places to go

The road took us to an overlook of Las Vegas Bay, Mead Lake.  

(if you look close across the water at the white boxes, that is Government Wash Dispersed Camping we are planning on coming back to see if it is a good option for our next move.)

I had my mom attached to a leash, and she was looking at a map sign while I sniffed some bushes.   Just feet behind us, a Coyote was peering straight at us from a ravine.  My mom noticed and we walked quickly back to the car.  

There were two of them, and they had surrounded us!  I wanted to go chase them, but my mom wouldn't let me, and I had to get in the car. Harumph!  

My family left me in the car while they got a few pictures of the view.  

On both sides of the cliff,  many coyotes began a chorus of yipping and howling coming from both the east and west.  My family didn't know that I can speak Coyote, and I started yipping just like they were from inside the car.    Some people from another car gave me strange looks....hee hee.    I can't tell you what I told the Coyotes because it's TOP SECRET!  

Tired and hungry we made our way back home.   My family is exhausting!  Maybe I can rest for a day before we go play again.  

This Is So Much Fun!  I'm dreaming of Coyotes tonight!

No comments: