Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ok, maybe it is time I let you know the real story of Florida... yes it is me Ginger, I'm back! I have been quite the leisurely puppy while in Florida. See, there are these pesky things called alligators, not to mention the water moccasin snakes.
So, we have not gotten to run and romp as much as we are used to. It seems every piece of property that seems to have a good doggie field also has a retention pond.
We have found 4 great sites to romp. Fortunately one is right at the hospital, so each morning after we drop off Suzi, we get to go to the back part of the parking lot where it is all fenced in even... Then when Suzi gets off, IF she is off the next day, we get to go back and romp some more!



Another field we like is the old train depot right here in McIntosh! We met Amy and her sister Ginger while visiting that field one day. Amy comes occasionally to bake doggie treats! She shared with us, WOW! let me tell you, those treats are delish!! She did research to make them healthy, but who cares about that... ok, maybe the dogs people worry about such insignificant things such as healthy food, but from a doggie stand point they are Yummy! She said she actually does catering for doggie parties etc...



The 3rd field we don't go to as often, and it is actually an overgrown parking lot down by the town of Ocala. We don't go to Ocala much since Suzi works in Gainesville.



The last field is real good one, a new development overlooking Orange Lake. They were building the road, so we didn't get to check it out till just before leaving.




We have resided on a wonderful piece of land right at the water's edge. Looks great for swimming, but our people won't let us... I prefer wading, but they won't even allow that... harrumph...





On the bright side we have gotten to ride around the small town with the trike. I am turning into quite the social puppy. Every time my people mention that I don't like attention, I nudge the stranger for a scritch, making liars out of my people... one must have some sort of entertainment.



I have a buddy, his name is Bandit, and he lives across the water from us. He lives in the RV next to where the fire happened.



Sometimes I just sit outside (always with my people) and just sit and stare over at his house, sometimes adding a little whine in for good measure. Occasionally Kim will trike us overt there, and let me tell you, it is prime real estate for leaving special deposits, but as always, my people clean it back up... hmmm...

I do like the weather here. My joints feel much better now. The arthritis doesn't bother me as much, and I run a lot more down here than I did up in Seattle, but I still let my people help give me a lift into the truck.




I am glad we have left gator country, though it sure is tiring. It seems it is getting back to normal, but I am a bit out of shape, so my people are attempting to take it easy on us... one doggie field after another... yippee!!

Here Sam and I are on the beach in Alabama.


No comments: