Sunday, March 12, 2006

3/12
When you have dogs and you have a fifth wheel RV, your encounters with wildlife can be strange at times.
I was sitting on the couch, (minding my own business, I might add ) when I heard a big commotion coming from the roof of our RV. All I saw was the aftermath, but Kim saw more than me.
Giant claws clutched onto our roof vent and then....WHAMMY! Birdy doo-doo droppings appeared that fortunately did not fall down past the screen onto our heads as we looked up in wonder Kim said she saw a flash of a white belly and tail feathers, so we were thinking it may have been one of the mischievous Osprey.

Later that night, we took a leisurely walk to the trash container. Our puppies were hooked up to the trike (prancing prettily!) :P When all of the sudden, Sam LUNGED! She moved her mouth and head like something was stinging her and she was getting angry and shaking.
Sam opened her mouth, (unwillingly, we think) and something large dropped out. We were both scared that she had caught one of the poison snakes around here but upon investigating we saw it was a frog.



Sam was fine but looked VERY excited and really, really wanted her prey back badly. After checking out Sam's mouth, and seeing nothing more than a little foam on the edge of her mouth, we went back to check on the little hopper and found that he had disappeared!

I've noticed the last few nights coming home from work, that there have been new frog choruses surrounding our little grassy point. Sam's new 'friend' must have been part of the choir.
You know, I've been thinking, and I actually like viewing wildlife better from a DISTANCE!

No comments: