Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Moving Day from Echo Bay Resort, Overton, NV to Poverty Flats, Overton, NV

 Boomer here, and my family is so strange.  They're teaching me a phrase called, "Moving Day.'   This means my family races around frantically getting everything travel-ready in the RV before 11 AM.  How weird is that?   But I love traveling in the RV.  When my family started the RV to get it warmed up, I got really excited!   My mom said I'm her Co-Pilot/Navigator.  

 I like to look over her shoulder out the front window and help her drive.   I can also supervise from the back bed when I want to lay down.   I really like going in the RV!   Right now we are parked in a place called Poverty Flats.  


We passed alot of RV's coming down here off of the highway, but they all seem a good distance away from eachother, not like in a regular campground.  

We could have parked across the ravine at Snowbird Mesa, but my family wanted a good walking area for me plus they keep fretting about me getting near the cliffs.  


My family says we don't have regular household electricity or as they call it shore power.  We will be using only 12 volt batteries, solar power and a generator.   I don't see why they need electricity in the first place?  So weird!  

Why do they need all that fancy stuff when there are shrubs to explore and hills to climb and roads to go down!   


  There's a hill next to us that I get to climb, and the road we came in on goes further down.  Since it gets a little rocky and uneven they don't want to take the rv past where we are.  Not many rv's past us, so it makes for a good trail for me to walk every morning.  Pretty soon my mom is going to take me out for my 'constitutional'  (she calls it that...sheesh)   I can't wait to go exploring! 

No comments: