Thursday, April 07, 2016

Snoqualmie Pass, WA

I-90 is getting a lot wider at Snoqulmie Pass
They are going to try to make it so they don't have to close it as often due to avalanche. 
The construction has been going on for years.


Was going to take a break and look at Keechelus Lake could not get past the inner-tube area.
Normal years I can get a lot further down the road than this.  

I noticed coming out here that Rogers pass over by us had no snow to speak of on the sides of the road, just a bit on the mountains around us.  Then at Lookout Pass at the MT, ID border there was the amount of snow I was expecting for that time of year.  Fourth of July pass did not really have much snow, Snoqualmie Pass in WA, by far had the most snow.  Guess they hogged all the snow and rain out here since we are having a bit of a drought in MT

On a side note 1-2 weeks before I came out to Washington, Snoqulamie Pass was having road closures for avalanche control.

No comments: