Sunday, April 09, 2006

Well, New Mexico, Arizona and Southern California were REALLY hard on the paws!!! All you puppies out there, beware, the desert can only be described as a thorny experience! I did get so I knew how to go around the numerous thorns and Burrs that would creep into my pads, but the last time I got stabbed was by far the worst! I got to close to a Jumping Cholla Cactus. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a cactus that if you get 2 close it jumps out at you and stabs you deeply! Kim found it in the TOP of my paw! It was about the size of a marble, and its spines we about 2 times longer than the marble was wide. She grabbed the marble, getting poked herself, and had to really tug hard to remove it from my paw! Course after all was said and done, she realized she should have taken a pic... I am quite happy that she got it out right away instead of taking time for a photo op!
They did find a field for us to romp in. It was actually 117acres up for sale. So we had to check it out. Here Samantha and I are. Turned out it had very few thorns!



We went here daily while visiting relatives in South CA, and taking a visit to Joshua Tree National Park.
One day we went to visit some relatives, and the weather was windy and rainy! While they visited inside we sat in the truck, occasionally seeing familiar faces pass by our window.


We stopped on the way home and had to look at the windmills that are in the Palm Springs area.



We had to laugh at the way they attempt to camouflage the cell phone towers around here...



Upon arriving home it was dusk, and much to our surprise, there were snowflakes in the air! How exciting!



If you look close, you can make out the snowflakes on Samantha's forehead!

No comments: