Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Let me start this post by saying this was our neighbor, and it appears at this time that everyone is ok. Our neighbor across the water had a fire and the RV was a total loss.

I was awakened at 3am. Samantha was scared and woke Suzi and I up. Then I noticed the blinds at the rear of our trailer were glowing brightly. (Our awning was blocking the view of the fire from upstairs.) I took a peek to see what was going on, and the front end of the neighbors RV was on fire. It was a tow behind Travel Trailer.



Suzi jumped right into emergency mode and said "where is the phone, we need to call 911" I grabbed the phone, but since it was the middle of the night, I had the long wait for the phone to turn on. We both stepped outside, and I was looking for sings of people milling around, and was surprised to see no one... Then Suzi started to yell, and I joined in. Before my phone could start up our neighor Roger came out of his rig. (He and his wife live in the Class C to the right of the fire) He said they already called 911, so I didn't bother. I think we woke up the whole RV park...

It seemed it took forever for the fire department to show up, and just as they were arriving the spanish moss on the tree ignighted. Fortunately it didn't catch the tree...



At this time we don't think the guy who ownes the RV was at home as his car was gone.

The fire department is still here, and I occasionally see them spray more water on the RV. I am sure they will be here the rest of the night. I am suffering from the adrenaline rush, and cannot sleep. Suzi said this is the same feeling she gets at work when someone crashes...

=================================



I think the reason it took so long for the fire deptartment to get here is due to the thick fog thsi morning.

No comments: