Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We were watching a football game this past Sunday, and all of a sudden a bird hit the window. I went out to check it out and 1. See if the bird was still alive, and 2. If it was keep the cats away from it. Well, I could not find the bird.
Upon coming back into the house I noticed Bailey dog sniffing something under the window. It was a Flicker Woodpecker. A young one. It was still breathing, so I tried to pick it up to put it in a bucket and the poor thing went crazy! All I could think about was the holes those woodpeckers drill in the trees eek! It climbed under the couch cover and I put the bucket over it trapping it against the front of the couch. Whew, once we got the lid on the bucket Suzi carried it outside for the big release. Below is the video of the successful release.

No comments: