Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The cats have been causing a little too much excitement around here the past 2 days. Yesterday Suzi came home from work, and found Natasha playing with a mouse in the bedroom. We caught it with a gallon bucket (boy was it a fast and scared little mouse!) Suzi released it by the garden.

Then we moved to the kitchen only to find both cats interested in something under the washing machine. We got out the bucket we had just used and the critter came out from under the washer. It was a small mole. Not so fast and easy to catch... Suzi took it to the same bush by the garden and released it... as an after thought, I am worried the mole will find my garden... oops

Then today, as a highlight I heard a cat come into the house, it was Loius. Then I heard a ton of crashing about in the dining room, Gator came running terrified to me in the living room...
I went to the dining room to find a bird flying around, with Louis jumping up on occasion and knocking it down. It was not a tiny bird mind you, not sure what kind it was, grosbeak or something. It was all just a blur. I managed to catch it in the same handy bucket, which surprised me since it was flying around the room. Louis knocked the bird to the floor, and I swooped in with the bucket...
Louis looked confused when the bucket covered his prize.

Here is the video of the release...



I was glad to see it was able to fly. Loius celebrated by rolling in the dirt...



Ok, I have had enough excitement for the day!

No comments: