Friday, December 15, 2006

I went down to the sharp corner at the end of the block to get a look at what stopped us from proceeding, and found 2 down trees and down lines. I am surprised we still have phone service. Our cable is out along with the power.

Here is a shot standing at the corner.

This is another angle at the corner. You can see another tree laying across the road and wires at the other end of the road.



I drove to the other side around the loop. For those of you who have noticed it, I am in front of the Purple house.


I was took the trek back to Seattle to pic Suzi up. The way to town down Florence Acres road is still impassable, so I had to go the back way. The freeway's were fine. I heard on the radio that Hwy 520 just opened up, so I took that route exiting at the Arboretum. I was concerned, but no problems, just a couple of down trees that were cut out of the way, and little traffic.



I arrived at Madison Street at 3:30pm. For those of you who know the neighborhood, I arrived at McDonalds at 4pm. Suzi left the hospital and just walked over to Madison and got into the car as I waited in traffic. We continued down to 6th and took the right turn and hopped on S. bound I5 at 6pm. The roads were fine all the way home from there. whew, what a day.

No comments: